Registration open. Please register at https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1757796
|ACM Student Members||$200||$300|
Early registration deadline: October 15, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Note: This is also the deadline for getting the discounted room rates for hotel booking.
Travel support has been provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF). Support is provided for different types of attendees, but priority will be given to graduate students with research interests related to the area of online social networks. The amount of support depends on the type of attendee and available funding. Students from all countries may apply.
Please read the rest of this page carefully as it contains important information regarding materials and deadlines.
- Travel grant awards are meant to "partially" cover the cost of attending and participating in COSN 2015. The only travel expenses that can be reimbursed are: air travel, hotel, and conference registration (at the early registration rate).
- Note that the award recipients will need to pay for the expenses ahead of time and get reimbursed after the conference.
- The exact number of awards will depend on the availability of funds and will be determined as funding amounts are finalized.
- Preference will be given to women and underrepresented minorities, and students who submitted a paper to COSN.
Important Dates (All deadlines are 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time)
Submission deadline: September 25, 2015
Award notification: October 2, 2015
The following materials should be prepared by the applicant, and submitted to the Travel Grant Committee via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV.
- An application letter that is clearly divided in the following sections:
1. an explicit identification of (a) current academic status (student, postdoc, or junior faculty
2. brief summary of the educational institution where the applicant is studying/working
(provide a URL for a home page if one exists) and the applicant's advisor/supervisor is;
3. a brief summary of research interests and plans for future research;
4. why the conference attendance is important to the applicant's research; and why the
attendance cannot be funded by the advisor or other sources.
- A letter from the applicants graduate advisor (or supervisor) that is clearly divided in the following sections:
1. the applicant's good standing in the institution;
2. explaining why the applicant would benefit from attending COSN as well as how he/she
could contribute to the conference; and
3. explaining the current funding status and why the applicant is in need of the travel grant.
Letters from an applicant's graduate advisor may be emailed directly to the email address above.